This restaurant has amazing service, friendly wait staff and the food is fantastic plus portions are big! Will definitely be going back soon!
Read this before you think about going here!!!
I went there for a late lunch/dinner to celebrate my birthday. I ordered the Portuguese chicken (suppposed to be their specialty). The food took over an hour to arrive. When it came, my chicken was burnt (black with bits of brown spots visible), the potatoes were just as hard as the chicken and the rice had no flavour. I complained to the waitress who didn't even offer to get me another plate. Also the owner/manager didn't even come by to see how the food or the service was.
When the waitress took my plate (the meal almost completely returned), I could see her telling the cook about my complaint; who obviously didn't care.
I went home starving and had to pick up a separate dinner on the way home.
I have been yup plenty of good Portuguese restaurants in Toronto and the GTA, Vila Verde is by far THEE WORST Portuguese restaurant i have been to; both for food and for service.
It's awful when you go out to eat at an establishment and the owners / cooks don't even care what the patrons are saying. They really should because those are the people keeping them in business.
We had lunch at Vila verde ...i just have to say that they make the best francesinha in the city .. The staff are friendly and the food is great they also have very good portuguese wine... Will go back soon :)
Poor! The service was horrible. The minute we sat down we were ignored. We waited five minutes to be served. No customer service or appreciation. The cod fish had bones, and it arrived dry and cold. Simple dish like salad was overdressed and doused in oil. We waited 1/2 hour for our food. Horrible experience I will not recommend this restaurant to anyone.
Twice at this restaurant and sure to be back. Twice had rabbit with green peas and I would order it again. Delicious ! Had papas de serrabulho also very good.
Yesterday, father's day, a very happy group of 8 left Vila Verde thinking of coming back. If you enjoy good portuguese food served by polite staff Vila Verde is the place to go.
I came here for the first time and the staff and the meal was very good. Nice place to come and relax :-)
in response to: I ' ve been Vila Verde customer ...
Are you serious? get a grip man! i eat at vila verde at least three times a week. the food is delicious and the restaurant is very clean and the staff is very polite! go write bad reviews somewhere else buddy! jose costa
I've been Vila Verde customer for 20 years, and beside one of Dona Lourdes' daughter
is not polite in the Dundas Restaurant, I always recommend Vila Verde Restaurant to
my spanish friends, but going to Weston Rd., Restaurant, where Nela is the boss. Three weeks ago I went there with ladies friends, and one of my friends complained that one glass had red scratched spots in the bottom. One of the ladies worker said that the glass was fine. ABSOLUTELY THIS NO GOOD...! How much cost to replace one spotted glass...? Two glass for one Dollar at Dolarama...! So, if this is the price, Vila Verde has no excuse to put spotted glasses for the customers...!
So, take note of customers review, and never forget this advice: Does not matter
how delicious is the food, this is just 10% of the success. The other 90 % of the
success is Amazing Service...! You have already all the cuisine secrets, but now you
have to improve your customer services. Take these advices: Be friendly all time,
take care of kitchen and table tools (glasses, cups, forks, spoons), again be friendly
with customers but absolutely no jokes. Better for you, better for the restaurant, and
better for customers.
For now that's all.
in response to: horrible customer service . I have to ...
i eat at vila verde at least once a week, the food is excellent, i especially love their seafood platter and the delicious desserts which are all made by the chef herself. natas do ceu and the pudin flan...absolutely to die for! i dont know where this person ate, but this is a family ran business, they are all very polite and very pleasant... i strongly recommend this restaurant for seafood and chicken, and yes, my favourite the natas do ceu!
horrible customer service. I have to say the food was tasty, but I will never go back there since they don't now how to treat their customers well. They gave us bread and butter to start off, and no plates or utensils. Never offered to sit us down, and never gave us a menu. To top if off, they added another $6 to the bill because we ate there. Everything we wanted we had to ask for, and the restaurant was not busy at all. I thought it was very disrespectful.